Green City Challenge has taken major steps to offer assistance to other non-profit organizations during the pandemic. Last spring, when the Covid 19 Pandemic began, the Board of Green City Challenge approved four emergency grants of $500 each to the Lower East Side Ecology Center, NY Sun Works, Just Food, and Solar One to help them deliver critical environmental educational programming in New York City.
We took this extraordinary action for the following reasons:
• The Green City Challenge School Program was on hold because NYC schools were closed.
• Many non-profit organizations were experiencing serious revenue shortfalls.
• Green City Challenge had some reserve funds we were not using.
Beginning this fall, Green City Challenge will offer a suite of options to New York City schools including the following:
• Our original hands-on games that teach kids all about sustainability in a fun and educational manner.
• Digital versions of our hands-on games that kids can play on-line.
• Game Kits that teachers can use to create their own games to use in the classroom.
Green City Challenge offers any or all of these options to NYC teachers for a small fee/donation. We are also offering our games to a limited number of Middle Schools in the Bronx for free!
If you are a teacher in the NYC school system, or you know someone who is, please contact us at 718-530-5074 or send an email to Les@greencitychallenge.org today!