Osborne’s Workforce Development programs help men and women with criminal records achieve self-sufficiency, adopt healthy lifestyles, enter the workplace, reconnect with their families and rejoin their communities.
The Green Career Center is the newest addition to the Osborne Association’s Workforce Development Department. The Center was established with federal stimulus funding provided by the New York State Division of Criminal Justice Services. The Green Career Center provides men and women with criminal records environmental literacy and comprehensive career development training that prepares them to enter and advance in the green economy. Our goal is for each of our participants to achieve economic independence.
We understand that barriers to employment must be addressed before and during the job search process. That is why Osborne’s Career Coaches provide wrap-around services, which focus on avenues to long-term employment, skills assessment and improvement, goal setting, job readiness and placement, and strengthening our participants’ family support networks.
- Have a criminal record
- with preference for people newly released to parole supervision and individuals judicially diverted or resentenced under drug law reform
- Have a High School diploma or GED
- TABE test at 9th grade literacy and math levels
- Be willing and able to perform physical labor
- Have commitment to green career pathways
- Reside in New York City or lower Westchester
- Be and remain free of illicit drugs
At the Green Career Center our participants actively engage in the following training and support services:
- 4 weeks of job readiness and energy efficiency fundamentals training
- Career development skills
- Basic environmental literacy
- Workplace socialization
- Financial literacy
- Computer Skills
- Math and Science for Energy Efficiency
- Building Performance
- Contextualized Microsoft Excel
- 2 weeks of occupational skills training in a Green Career sector
- Comprehensive career coaching throughout their active participation
- Career placement and retention support
Transportation (Metrocards) and lunch are available to all program participants. A small stipend will be provided to participants based on successful completion of the program.
Pre-enrollment screenings are available by appointment only every Tuesday at 10:00am.
For more information please contact
718-707-2692 or 718-707-2617
Green Career Center | The Osborne Association
809 Westchester Avenue | Bronx, NY 10455